Last date: 25 September 2019
Duration: Two years, Full-time
‘ComMutiny’ stands for the first ‘mutiny’ within a young person that comes from engaging in
communities which are ‘different’ from oneself. ComMutiny is a collective of some of the best
youth and adolescent centric organizations working towards building vibrant eco-systems and
youth-centric spaces which we call the 5th Space. Our aim is to nourish inclusion, holistic
development and foster social hope by promoting feelings of freedom, ownership, love and
learning and growth. Our key engagement strategies are:
Aggregating Youth Spaces – Collectivising youth-centric organizations and youth-work
practitioners in the country into an effective, collaborative eco-system
Accelerating Youth Spaces – Creating powerful media and learning products as well as
gaming resources that act as capacity building toolkits for youth workers.
Amplifying Youth Spaces – Design and facilitation of large scale powerful public
initiatives on themes of Social Inclusion, Constitution, and Governance etc.
To know more please visit our website
The Project – Building adolescent leadership and enhancing adolescent participation:
ComMutiny, in partnership with a leading international aid organization, is undertaking a two-
year large scale collectivization and capacity building project for building adolescent leadership
and enhancing adolescent participation in governance. The project will focus on:
Incubating and nurturing high impact collectives of adolescent centric organizations
working in selected states all over India and providing support and capacity building to
jointly run a deep engagement adolescent participation tool designed by ComMutiny.
Training of significant cadre of youth and adolescent workers around the deep
engagement adolescent participation tool designed by ComMutiny.
Creation of audio-visual and module based training resources for adolescent centric
organizations and youth workers on collectivization, building adolescent leadership and
enhancing adolescent participation.
As Associate Director- Collectivisation and Public Initiatives, you will be directly working
towards successful implementation of the project, partnership building and monitoring &
evaluation. Experience of working with collectives and networks, designing and implementing
capacity building interventions and effective drafting and report writing skills are desirable. The role will also include supporting the implementation of ComMutiny’s public initiative strategy, strengthening and expanding regional partnerships and also supporting the visibility function to ensure excellent implementation and aggregation of field data.
Implement project activities and monitor project timelines across states in close
partnership with state collectives in a day-to-day capacity, including supporting Senior
Expert on Collectivization and Adolescent Participation in achievement of project
Serve as liaison between state collectives and ComMutiny by anchoring communication
and collaboration between State Managers, implementation teams of collective
members and ComMutiny.
Co-ordinate and anchor the process of re-contextualization and production of
adolescent participation tool in line with State contexts and priorities.
Undertake regular monitoring & evaluation of project deliverables across states.
Collate, generate and disseminate timely reports to project stakeholders.
Facilitate collaboration between state collectives and design experts to conceptualize
and finalize resources on collectivization and enhancing adolescent participation.
As part of the project team, ensure successful achievement of project deliverables,
including on ground and online outreach numbers. Anchor and co-lead 5th Space public
initiatives with collective members, collaborators and donors.
Actively participate in and contribute to all the organizational processes and meetings.
Fundraising, Visibility and Dissemination:
Support the team in fundraising activities by contributing in writing parts of new
proposals, developing 5th Space products and merchandise for fundraising, networking,
Support the dissemination and visibility team by providing institutional leads.
Support dissemination and social media team by participating in digital outreach
through Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/YouTube to amplify 5th Space media products,
public initiatives and events.
We are looking for you if you:
- Have 6-8 years of relevant educational background and experience. Knowledge of youth sector and youth programming will be an asset.
- Have a curious, creative and analytical bent of mind and a deep interest and commitment in adolescent and youth work and youth issues.
- Are well read and connected to social developments at the national and global level.
- Are open to learning, take responsibility, have the ability to think out of the box and have a deep people orientation and a desire to lead.Have excellent written and oral communication skills. Great story telling ability and enjoy creative writing.
- Have good administrative and coordination skills and a positive orientation and cheerful disposition.
- Are flexible about working on weekends and travelling when required.
- People with experience in social and youth development, creative communication, media & advocacy around social issues will be preferred. However, we welcome people from all backgrounds to apply.
Please send the following to email@example.com. The last date of application is 25 September 2019.
To apply please send us the following:
- Cover letter (maximum 1 page) highlighting your experience related to the post you
- have applied for, and your CV (not more than 3-4 pages)
- Your current emoluments and expected salary
- Kindly indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email/letter
- A writing sample indicative of your writing style and field of interest
Cover letter (maximum 1 page) to highlighting your experience related to the post you
have applied for, and your CV (not more than 3-4 pages)
Your current emoluments and expected salary
Kindly indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email/letter
A writing sample indicative of your writing style and field of interest