ABOUT COMMUTINY – THE YOUTH COLLECTIVE (CYC)
ComMutiny The Youth Collective is an association of youth led and youth engaging organizations across India working towards promoting empowering spaces for youth leadership, called the 5th Space. Our hypothesis is that there are four legitimate ‘spaces’ that young people primarily occupy, that of 1) family 2) livelihood/education 3) friends, and 4) leisure. While much of their time as young people is spent in these spaces more often than not these spaces are not governed by them. Beyond these four spaces, there is another space called ‘The 5th Space’ that young people also occupy, where they truly discover themselves as they engage in social action. It is a space that young people govern and take leadership in. An exciting, adventurous, safe space that equips young people to understand themselves, address conflicts, build cross-border relationships, clarify their values/stances and stand up for their rights as well as those of the larger community.
The 5th Space experience is central to all the work at CYC. Our strategies include a) Developing powerful public engagement initiatives and journeys b) Producing and disseminating research and media products in the field of youth work c) Building coalitions and collaborations with national and international organisations to strengthen the field. As an aggregator we use media to get youth voices expressed and heard at different levels by different stakeholders. Through conceptualization, creation and dissemination of a wide range of diverse media products we attempt to bring this concept into the mainstream, building dialogue, conversation and create demand for 5th Spaces.We have designed some of the most innovate and high impact public initiatives for young people, including My Space, My Manifesto focusing on youth participation in democracy, Samjho Toh Express on social inclusion and Samvidhan Live! The Jagrik Project on Constitutional literacy.Our 5th Space films have also gained popularity with young people and many have been featured in film festivals and won awards.
Job Title: Digital Media and Communications Coordinator
Location: New Delhi
The primary role will be to guide, develop and implement the online and on-ground strategy for ComMutiny, public initiatives and other programs to ensure maximum visibility and online outreach.
As Digital Media and Communications Lead, you will:
- Strengthen ComMutiny’s online and on-ground amplification strategies
- Establish plans and strategies to engage, expand and retain our audience base
- Produce, promote and disseminate ComMutiny products like films, communication collaterals, books etc.
- Completely manage organization’s networking accounts on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn etc. Explore other possible platforms (including on-ground partnerships) to increase organization’s visibility resulting into fruition. Ensure proper management through engagement driven online and on-ground spaces, creative posters, organizing events like tweetathons, hangouts etc.
- Ensure that major organizational events and activities have online presence through pre-event mobilization, live updates from the field and post- event coverage
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of digital media strategy, data, trends and insights, and how these may be utilized to improve the visibility of our work and prepare reports based on these.
- Manage social media updates and queries for partners and young people
- Learn and use a variety of social tools including listening platforms, publishing tools, social media management tools, SEO, SEM, SMO, Google Analytics, Google Ad Words etc. Knowledge of Photoshop would be an added advantage
- Maintain, monitor and update our websites – content management, updating new content, blog posts and updates, dealing with website providers/ host and create traffic for websites
- Engage creatively in media and advocacy through engaging with media and film professionals on various projects and ensure quality of ComMutiny product compendium through regular feedback and communication.
We are looking for a person who:
- has 4-6 years of relevant experience
- is open to learning, has the ability to think out of the box and has a deep people orientation and an ability to connect with people
- is able to think creatively and has good story-telling ability
- enjoys working with a team, and in a collaborative manner
- has good administrative and coordination skills
- has excellent written communication skills and enjoys creative writing
- has a strong commitment to youth development issues
- has excellent oral communication skills in both Hindi and English
- has a positive orientation and cheerful disposition
- has good analytical skills
- is flexible about working on weekends when required
People with experience in social and youth development, creative communication, media & advocacy around social issues will be preferred. However, we welcome people from all backgrounds to apply. Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25th January 2020.
- Cover letter (maximum 1 page) highlighting your experience related to the post you have applied for, and your CV (not more than 3-4 pages)
- Your current emoluments and expected salary
- Kindly indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email/letter